Swallowing My Own Medicine

Gotta love it when your clients make you train yourself harder. I just trained a client whom I pushed to lift heavier weights than what she thought possible for herself, which caused her to grunt, breathe hard and complain a little. I looked at her after she completed her SECOND set and said, "Steph, sometimes it just has to hurt. You need to push your limits and go further than your comfort zone. You can't always work out at a level that "feels good" 'cuz that's not going to break down your muscle fibers in order for them to repair themselves and get stronger, which in turn metabolizes fat more effectively." Maybe I got a little too technical, but she agreed with the reasoning and I dare say even liked the power in knowing just how strong she really is! Soon after she left, I trotted my butt downstairs to get in my strength session for the day and was on a set of flys when I realized, "hmm, this isn't too bad, kind of nice." Almost instantaneously, I thought about the conversation I just had moments before with Steph and how she pushed through her limits. I sighed, changed to a greater weight, and went through with three more sets. GULP... that pill is down but I know it's gonna make me stronger.
Thanks, Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment